A downloadable book
- Chameleon Moon is all about beating back despair, finding strength in each other, and choosing kindness and love over violence and treachery.... it set the bar high for everything I read after." - Claudie Arseneault, Strange Horizons
- "A flamingly gay paranormal gospel of hope in the face of certain doom." - Dwight's Blog
- "Buy this book. Buy it right now. If there was ever a book that I think deserved to become an instant success, it's Chameleon Moon. It will bring you plenty of emotion and satisfying story, and still leave you wanting more." - Magdalyn Ann, RoundRobinWrites.com
- "A Moulin Rouge-esque celebration of love, hope and redemption...an unexpectedly warm-hearted dystopia with an irresistible cast, which celebrates and normalises diversity of all kinds." - Imyril, OneMore.org
- "Right from the first page I was totally sucked in by the engaging writing style of the author, by the unusual - and also diverse - cast of characters, and by the mystery that is hidden in every pore of the book... full of vivid imagery, of suspense and mystery, of people finding a family and connection." - Mel, JustLoveRomance
- "This is a book that I've been waiting for for a long time. Nearly everything about it is perfect. The chilling reality of what Parole is and what life is like there, the strange and lovable characters that make up the cast, the story which remains hopeful even when the world is collapsing, this book nails it." - Sam, TheReadingWriter
- "I loved this book. I love that, for once, I as a trans, queer person with disabilities was precisely, squarely the target audience for a book... Sylver's writing is tight and quippy. The characters have chemistry with one another. The plot has tension and stakes. I can't wait for the next book." - B. R. Sanders, author of Ariah
* * *
The city of Parole is burning. Like Venice slips into the sea, Parole crumbles into fire.
The entire population inside has been quarantined, cut off from the rest of the world, and left to die - directly over the open flame. Eye in the Sky, a deadly and merciless police force ensures no one escapes. Ever. All that’s keeping Parole alive is faith in the midst of horrors and death, trust in the face of desperation… and their fantastic, terrifying, and beautiful superhuman abilities.
Regan, silent, scaly stealth expert, is haunted by ten years of anxiety, trauma and terror, and he’s finally reached his limit. His ability to disappear into thin air isn’t enough: he needs an escape, and he’ll do anything for a chance. Unluckily for him, Hans, a ghostly boy with a chilling smile, knows just the thing to get one. It starts with a little murder.
But instead of ending a man’s life, Regan starts a new one of his own. He turns away from that twisted path, and runs into Evelyn, fearless force on stage and sonic-superheroic revolutionary on the streets. Now Regan has a choice - and a chance to not only escape from Parole, but unravel the mystery deep in its burning heart. And most of all, discover the truth about their own entwining pasts.
They join forces with Evelyn’s family: the virtuosic but volatile Danae, who breathes life into machines, and her wife Rose, whose compassionate nature and power over healing vines and defensive thorns will both be vital to survive this nightmare. Then there’s Zilch, a cool and level-headed person made of other dead people, and Finn, one of Parole’s few remaining taxi drivers, who causes explosions whenever he feels anything but happy.
Separately they’d never survive, much less uncover the secret of Parole’s eternally-burning fire. Together, they have a chance. Unfortunately, Hans isn’t above playing dirty, lying, cheating, manipulating… and holding Regan’s memories hostage until he gets his way.
Parole’s a rough place to live. But they’re not dead yet. If they can survive the imminent cataclysmic disaster, they might just stay that way…
In order to download this book you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.